Agronomy Seasonal Labor & Semi Drivers - All Locations
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
Commensurate with experience
Required Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a good driving record
- Have or be able to obtain an Illinois commercial driver’s license (CDL) with a Class A license and endorsements of T (doubles and triples) and X (tankers and Haz-mat)
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with management and customers
- Has a self-motivating personality
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures
- Mixes ag chemicals, blends fertilizer, and pumps anhydrous ammonia
- Works on equipment as directed
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of equipment
- Helps customers in a prompt, efficient, and courteous manner
The nature of the business may require extended hours. While performing the duties of the job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical equipment and in outside weather conditions. Exposure to fumes or dust, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration is possible. The noise level in work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may lift up to 50 pounds.
The employee may be required to travel to other locations, conferences, educational opportunities, and other job-related activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Part-Time, Seasonal, Operations, Labor, Agriculture|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur|