Corporate - Agronomy Logistics and Administrative Assistant
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About The Position
The Equity is looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Logistics and Administrative Assistant to be part of our central warehouse logistics team; responsible for supporting operations on order fulfillment, inventory management processes, logistics and other administrative functions.
Niccum Warehouse, 1203 W Niccum Ave, Suite 4218, Effingham, Illinois
Seed & Crop Production Director
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate degree in Agriculture or Accounting preferred
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Self-Motivating personality as well as team building skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Demonstrate ability to interact effectively with management, employees, and customers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Receive incoming product shipments against open Purchase Orders
- Handle paperwork for product transfers between Equity locations
- Responsible for warehouse inventory of seed and chemicals at Equity or Equity Partnered warehouse including the taking of inventory, researching discrepancies, and submitting final counts to accounting department
- Monitor and assist with inventory tracking and issues at branch locations
- Monitor Seed Stewardship Agreements to obtain 100% compliance
- Work with Go Smart Manager on mapping, recommendations, and invoicing
- Responsible for paperwork for all online warehouse sales
- Gain knowledge of our company software and computer system
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Duties of the job require confidentiality. The nature of the business may require extended hours during seasonal peaks.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
The employee may be required to travel to other facilities in The Equity trade area.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Robin Brown, Robin.Brown@TheEquity.com, by Tuesday, May 31, 2022 .
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Operations, Clerical, Accounting, Administration, Agronomy|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur|