Corporate - Facilities Maintenance Manager
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Equity is hiring a Facilities Maintenance Manager to lead the Facilities Maintenance Team. The job duties and responsibilities of this position include planning, organizing and directing activities in the preventative, scheduled and responsive maintenance of all Equity Facilities in addition to ensuring adequate staffing of the maintenance team and working closely with the Facilities Project Manager.
Corporate Office, 2900 N 3rd St, Effingham, Illinois
VP of EHS & Facilities
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- Bachelor or associate degree with technical training in engineering preferred
- Minimum of three to five years of experience and responsibility in project management
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, and customers
- Possess a self-motivating personality as well as team building skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret schematics
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures
- Perform maintenance tasks as needed
- Manages the facilities maintenance team and effectively leads team members
- Plan, organize, and direct activities in the preventative, scheduled and responsive maintenance of all Equity facilities
- Accounts for all team members work and expenses through the company’s work order system
- Ensures adequate staffing the maintenance team; interviewing, hiring, training, and evaluating performance of team members
- Work closely with the Facilities Project Manager and assist as needed
While performing daily duties the employee will be working near moving mechanical equipment, in outside weather conditions, and may have exposure to fumes or airborne particles. Occasionally works in high precarious places. May require extended hours. Must be available for emergency breakdowns (nights, weekends, and holidays).
The position requires frequent travel to all Equity facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Human Resources at Careers@TheEquity.com by Monday, October 31, 2022.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Operations, Construction, Engineering, Logistics|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur|