Corporate - Talent Acquisition Manager
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Talent Acquisition Manager for The Equity will design and execute search strategies, build candidate pipelines, and leverage technology to promote and source talent. The position is responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with hiring managers, high schools, community colleges, and university educators. The position will be responsible for planning, budgeting, and the execution of The Equity’s employee recruitment.
Corporate Office, 2900 N 3rd St, Effingham, Illinois
Employee Relations Manager
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- Associates or Bachelors’ Degree in Business or Human Resources
- Two years’ experience in human resources or recruiting
- Deep understanding of recruitment processes, including experience with candidate sourcing tools and methods
- Possess a self-motivating personality as well as team building skills, and the ability to work effectively without direct supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Develop a positive working relationship with High Schools, Colleges, Universities, and local agriculture organizations while educating each group about agriculture and The Equity.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with hiring managers and leadership to ensure clarity in recruiting strategies and recruitment process.
- Manage and assist in the applicant lifecycle from sourcing to accepting the position and onboarding.
- Generate pools of qualified and interested candidates.
- Review resumes, conduct phone screenings, and build the company brand.
- Work with hiring managers to ensure potential hires are a fit for the applied for position.
- Coordinate and attend career fairs.
- Aggressively recruits well-qualified applicants from a variety of sources, including cold calling, social media, online job boards, networking, and external partnerships.
- Build a network of passive candidates through networking, sourcing, referrals, etc.
- Manage a portfolio of college and university relationships to include faculty, department leadership, student and alumni organizations and other key university contacts.
- Develop relationships with local organizations/educational institutes (state unemployment agencies, military/veteran organizations, high schools/trade schools, etc.)
- Tracks and interprets key talent acquisition metrics and develops action steps for improvement.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Duties of the job require confidentiality.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
The employee may be required to travel to other facilities in The Equity trade area, conferences, educational opportunities, and other job-related activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Robin Brown, Robin.Brown@TheEquity.com.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Human Resources, Administration|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur|