Dieterich - Agronomy Operations
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Equity is seeking Agronomy Operations personnel to be part of our Dieterich Facility. Agronomy Operations is responsible for ensuring daily maintenance, cleanliness and compliance with state and federal regulations of equipment and facilities. In addition to blending, mixing, delivering, loading and unloading fertilizer, ag chemicals, seed and merchandise as directed.
23801 E State Highway 33 , Dieterich, IL 62424
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- Must have a good driving record
- Obtain and maintain an Illinois commercial driver’s license (CDL) with a Class A License
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with management and customers
- Has a self-motivating personality as well as team-building skills
- Obtain a commercial pesticide license
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for daily maintenance, cleanliness and compliance with state and federal regulations of equipment and facilities.
- Blending, mixing, delivering, loading and unloading fertilizer, ag chemicals, seed and merchandise as directed.
- Attend continuing education courses to maintain a quality level of knowledge for the products, regulations, and customer relations.
- In the off-season, may be required to assist corporate shop personnel in repairing and maintaining fleet or operate the truck fleet as directed by the location manager.
- Be able to communicate in a professional manner to the producer, salesman and location manager.
The nature of the business requires extended hours. While performing the duties of the job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical equipment and in outside weather conditions. Exposure to fumes or dust, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration is possible. Noise level in work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands include lifting objects up to 50 pounds, climbing stairs and ladders, and the ability to talk and hear.
The employee may be required to travel to other facilities in The Equity trade area.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Jeff Ruholl at Jeff.Ruholl@TheEquity.com by Tuesday, February 28, 2023.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Operations, Production, Agronomy|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur|