Effingham - Dairy and Beef Feed Sales
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Equity is seeking Dairy and Beef Feed Sales personnel to be part of our Effingham Facility. Dairy and Beef Feed Sales is responsible for providing sound nutritional and management consultation, building and maintaining customer relationships, and achieving revenue, tonnage, market share, and product mix targets while maintaining safety policies and market status.
201 W Roadway Ave, Effingham, IL 62401
VP of Feed
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or related field is preferred
- Agricultural experience with exposure to agri-business involving animal nutrients and marketing
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with management and customers
- Has a self-motivating personality as well as team-building skills
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Provide sound nutritional and management consultation
- Achieve revenue, tonnage, market share, and product mix targets
- Sell and maintain customer relationships as well as prospect new customers
- Maintain margins needed to achieved budget and take corrective action when needed
- Build and promote long-lasting customer relationships
- Identify emerging markets and competition status
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures
- Follow all HACCP guidelines
- Be able to communicate in a professional manner to the customers, employees, and leadership
The nature of the business may require extended hours. While performing the duties of the job, the employee occasionally works outside near moving mechanical equipment. The physical demands include lifting objects up to 50 pounds and climbing stairs and ladders.
The employee may be required to travel to other facilities in The Equity trade area, conferences, educational opportunities, and other job-related activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Tom Westendorf at Tom.Westendorf@TheEquity.com
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Full-Time, Operations, Production, Agronomy
|Nearest Major Market
|Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur