Effingham - Feed Mill Maintenance Technician
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Equity is seeking a Feed Mill Maintenance Technician to be part of our Effingham Facility. The Feed Mill Technician is responsible for quality standards and GMP's of feed manufacturing, while also maintaining and repairing the feed mill.
201 W Roadway Ave, Effingham, IL 62401
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a good driving record
- Ability to troubleshoot advanced mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic issues
- Background in mill production or agriculture is preferred
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Has a self-motivating personality as well as team-building skills
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Follow all HACCP guidelines
- Responsible for Quality Standards and GMP's of all feed manufactured
- Maintain and repair Effingham Feed Mill
- Facilitate & manage repair projects requiring additional Equity and/or external maintenance support
- Acquire and maintain knowledge and understanding of the computer-controlled processes
- Demonstrate and ability and commitment to development and execution of a preventive maintenance program
- Attend training as directed by Feed Department and Safety Director
While performing daily duties the employee will be working near moving mechanical equipment, in outside weather conditions, and may have exposure to fumes or airborne particles. Occasionally works in high precarious places. Peak seasonal periods require extended hours. Must be available for emergency breakdowns (nights, weekends, and holidays).
The employee may be required to travel to other facilities in The Equity trade area.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Earnie Simmons at Earnie.Simmons@TheEquity.com
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Operations, Production, Agronomy|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur|