Effingham - Fleet Maintenance and Repair
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
We are looking for a maintenance mechanic to install machines and ensure they are operating properly. Primary responsibilities will be to perform preventive maintenance on various equipment and troubleshoot technical issues. Excellent problem-solving skills and deep understanding of mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics are crucial to this role.
Corporate Shop, 901 N 4th St, Effingham, Illinois 62401
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- High School Diploma or GED. Basic diesel mechanic courses or technical trade school a plus, welding and cutting experience helpful.
- Must have or be able to obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Must have a good driving record
- Possess a self-motivating personality as well as team building skills to promote PMI to business units and location teams
- Previous experience as a maintenance mechanic or similar role preferred
- Familiarity using various power and hand tools
- Problem-solving and organizational skills
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures
- Have a basic working knowledge of automotive electrical repair
- Inspect and repair mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic components on heavy duty trucks and trailers
- Conduct preventive maintenance to heavy duty trucks, trailers and machines
- John Deere, AGCO, Case IH, etc.
- International, Freightliner, etc.
- Detect malfunctions through observation (sound, visual and computer diagnostics)
- Repair or replace broken or faulty machine parts
- Perform emergency roadside and inside shop repairs
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Attend training as directed by Maintenance Manager
While performing daily duties the employee will be working near moving mechanical equipment, in outside weather conditions, and may have exposure to fumes or airborne particles. Occasionally works in high precarious places. Peak seasonal periods require extended hours. Must be available for emergency breakdowns (nights, weekends, and holidays).
The physical demands include lifting objects up to 50 pounds, climbing stairs and ladders, and the ability to talk and hear.
The employee may be required to travel to other locations, conferences, educational opportunities and other job-related activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Send applications or resumes to Scott Probst at Scott.Probst@TheEquity.com by Tuesday, February 28, 2023.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Operations, Production, Logistics, Mechanic |
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur|