Altamont Farm & Home - Hardware Sales & Service
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Equity is seeking Hardware Sales & Service personnel to be part of our Altamont Farm & Home Store. Hardware Sales & Service is responsible for assisting with the inventory of small seed, fertilizer, feed, and various hardware items, organize and coordinate order pickup, and provide customer service. This position will also help maintain the store, and assist with loading and unloading trucks.
4 Do It Dr, Altamont, IL 62411
$16 - $20 per hour
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- High School diploma or GED. Associates degree in agriculture preferred
- Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with management and customers
- Has a self-motivating personality as well as team-building skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Help keep inventory of all small seed, fertilizer, feed, and various hardware items
- Have a general knowledge of the Agriculture/Livestock industry
- Ability to organize orders, coordinate pickup times, and drive a forklift as necessary
- Assist other employees in the restocking of feed, fertilizer, small seed, and various hardware items
- Have a basic understanding of hardware, and help with various daily task throughout the store
- Provide the highest quality customer service
- Interact with employees and management in a professional manner
- Assist in checkout area: take payments, answer phone calls, and check customers out
- Assist customers with purchases to their vehicle
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Keep store, warehouse, and parking lot clean and free of clutter
The nature of the job may require extended hours. While performing the duties
The physical demands include lifting objects up to 50 pounds, climbing stairs and ladders, and the ability to talk and hear.
The employee may be required to travel to other facilities in The Equity trade area.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Jeff Ruholl at Jeff.Ruholl@TheEquity.com by Wednesday, May 31, 2023.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Full-Time, Operations, Production, Agronomy
|Nearest Major Market
|Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur