Horace - Feed Delivery - All Shifts
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Equity is hiring experienced CDL Drivers for Feed Delivery at our Horace Feed Mill. Job duties and responsibilities of the position include loading feed trucks per customer orders, following established procedures to meet FDA Good Manufacturing Practices, Feed Quality Assurance and Feed Plant Requirements, delivery of bulk feed to customers in addition to daily inspection and maintenance of delivery truck.
13991 E 1700th Rd, Chrisman, IL 61924
Feed Mill Manager/Feed Dispatcher
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Agricultural background with exposure to Agri-business is helpful.
- Self-motivating personality as well as team building skills
- Demonstrates ability to interact effectively with management and customers
- Illinois Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a Class A
- Good driving record
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Follow all HACCP guidelines
- Load feed trucks per customer orders and follow established procedures to meet FDA Good Manufacturing Practices, Feed Quality Assurance and feed plant requirements
- Delivery of bulk feed to customers
- Help customers in a prompt, efficient, and courteous manner
- Responsible for daily inspection and maintenance of truck
- Complete all paperwork daily
- Assist feed production when needed including cleaning and maintenance
While performing the duties of the job, the employee works near moving, mechanical equipment and in outside weather conditions; including exposure to fumes and airborne particles, grain dust and vibrations. Occasionally climbs and works in high places and exposed weather elements. Noise level in work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may lift up to 50 pounds.
The employee may be required to travel to other locations, conferences, educational opportunities and other job-related activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Joel Jones at Joel.Jones@TheEquity.com by Tuesday, February 28, 2023.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Industry||Agriculture, Animal Nutrition|
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Operations, Production, Logistics|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, Terre Haute|