Georgetown - Swine Field Advisor
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Swine Field Advisor will work with production partners and employees to ensure the best health of the pigs The Equity manages.
Within a 50-mile radius of Georgetown, Illinois
Director of Livestock Operations
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with production partners and field staff
- Has a self-motivating personality as well as team-building skills
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Follow all production guidelines as established in company production manual.
- Uphold and enforce all contracts with production partners.
- Mark loads of hogs and manage market weights in accordance with the company weight targets.
- Complete weekly service inspections and establish corrective actions with production partner.
- Execute on established metrics.
- Responsible for the complete training of new production partners and employees in accordance with established production parameters.
- Review reports of wean to market performance to ascertain costs and plan operating changes to the Director of Livestock Operations.
- Continue to seek on-going training and education opportunities as directed by supervisor.
- Can communicate in a professional manner to the production partners, employees, and manager.
- Work with and sort pigs up to 300 pounds.
The nature of the business may require extended hours. While performing the duties of the job, the employee often works inside swine confinement building and may work with exposure to fumes or airborne particles. Noise level in work area is usually loud.
The physical demands include lifting objects up to 50 pounds.
The employee may be required to travel to other locations, conferences, educational opportunities, and other job related activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Careers@TheEquity.com by Thursday, September 1, 2022.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Operations, Productions, Livestock, Animal Science|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, Terre Haute, Danville|