Montrose - Equipment & Facilities Maintenance and Repair
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Equity is hiring for an Equipment & Facilities Maintenance and Repair Personnel. The responsibilities of this position will include assisting in the maintenance and repairing of company-owned equipment and facilities. Qualified candidates will have the ability to read wiring schematics and blueprints, as well as a working knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems.
15910 N 2300 St, Montrose, IL 62445
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- High School Diploma or GED. Basic auto mechanic & industrial maintenance courses, VoAg welding, cutting, or experience.
- Must have or be able to obtain an Illinois commercial driver’s license (CDL) with “X” endorsement
- Must have a good driving record
- Possess a self-motivating personality as well as team building skills
- Have arc welding, wire welding, and torch welding skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common data
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures
- Maintain and repair company owned equipment and facilities
- Acquire and maintain knowledge and understanding of the computer-controlled process in facilities
- Must have the ability to read wiring schematics and blueprints
- Have a working knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems
- Attend training as directed by Maintenance Manager & Safety Director
- Assist locations and departments in-season as needed
- Design and installation of ammonia facilities
While performing daily duties the employee will be working near moving mechanical equipment, in outside weather conditions, and may have exposure to fumes or airborne particles. Occasionally works in high precarious places. Peak seasonal periods require extended hours. Must be available for emergency breakdowns (nights, weekends, and holidays).
The employee may be required to travel to other locations, conferences, educational opportunities, and other job-related activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any.
Submit resume to Human Resources, Careers@TheEquity.com, by Monday, October 31, 2022.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Operations, Maintenance, Engineering|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, Terre Haute, Decatur|