Pana - Agronomy Administrative Assistant
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Equity is looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to be part of our Pana Facility. Responsible for supporting operations on order fulfillment, inventory management processes, logistics and other administrative functions.
367 N 2500 East Rd, Pana, Illinois 62557
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate degree in Agriculture or Accounting preferred
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Self-Motivating personality as well as team building skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Demonstrate ability to interact effectively with management, employees, and customers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- . Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Customer service at the location including taking orders, dispatching and processing orders, and handling or direct the handling of customer complaints.
- Receive incoming product shipments against open Purchase Orders
- Accountable for completing all inventory counts and inventory reporting including inventory accuracy and a summary of all inventory adjustments
- Manage all inventory including taking inventories, researching discrepancies, and communicating with inventories to accounting department in corporate office
- Ensure that all products and services at the location are accurately billed and within the company credit policy.
- Completion of daily office work in a timely and accurate manner; including but not limited to bank deposits, billing and filing.
- Communicate with the corporate accounting office and crops logistics coordinator to follow all SOP’s in the account for all products the location handles.
- Attend continuing education courses to maintain an adequate level of knowledge for the products and administration involved.
- Assemble package chemical orders onto pallets for customers and load orders on customer’s trucks using a forklift.
- Responsible for all package chemical and cash & carry chemical purchases.
The nature of the business may require extended hours
The employee may be required to travel to other facilities in The Equity trade area.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit application and resume to Mike Conlin at Mike.Conlin@TheEquity.com by Friday, March 31, 2023.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Seasonal, Operations, Production, Agronomy|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur|
Complete and submit a secure application through JotForm
Print, complete and attach application to the form below.