Planters Precision - Service Lead
About Planters Precision
Planters Precision, a dealer for Precision Planting, 360 Yield Center, GTS, Climate FieldView, Yetter, Martin-Till, & Harvest International is a formed LLC owned by Effingham Equity based in Effingham, IL. Planters Precision operates as an independent business with offices and shops in Montrose, Moweaqua, and Gays. The trade territory for Planters Precision encompasses South Central Illinois. Our team is dedicated to servicing products we sell and helping growrs achieve high yields.
About the Position
In this position, the right candidate will have the opportunity to help shape and mold a growing business to its fullest potential. This person will contribute to the service of profitable farm solutions to growers in Illinois. Another important aspect will be assisting in the installation and maintenance of the company's high-quality product offering. Overnight travel may be required, as on-going training for growers and self-improvement as essential to this position.
23101 E 1600th Ave, Montrose, IL 62445
Planters Precision LLC, General Manager
Compensation may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer a full benefits package that includes health insurance and 401K.
Required Education and Experience
- A.S. or B.S. degree in Applied Sciences or comparable working experience in similar position is not required by preferred
- Possess experience training users on new technologies and have a good working knowledge of service techniques and methodologies
- A background in farm production practices as well as specific knowledge of equipment, application, and operations is preferred
- Effectively communicate with customers, co-workers, and management
- Positive attitude and the desire to create great customer experience
- Applicant should possess a self-motivating personality as well as team building skills and the ability to work effectively without direct supervision
- Service skills should include welding, knowledge of hydraulics and maintenance
- Valid driver's license
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform installation, diagnostics, service repair, and maintenance on products sold through Planters Precision
- Direct service to customers, providing products and services to meet their needs along with instruction on the use of precision agriculture equipment and technology
- Reading and interpreting schematics, diagrams, and operation manuals
- Maintain company vehicles, tools, equipment, inventory and company SOP's
- Attending applicable training events and seminars
- Maintain current knowledge of Precision Planting, 360 Yield Center, GTS, Yetter, and competitive products
- Complete quotes, service reports, order parts, and maintain clear customer records
- Assist customers over the phone or in-person, providing elite customer service
- Develop and maintain thorough working knowledge of Precision Planting monitor software
- Have a thorough working knowledge of the company software and computer systems
The nature of the job/business may require extended hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Kyle Dasenbrock at Kyle.Dasenbrock@PlantersPrecision.com
Planters Precision shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee, or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Planters Precision for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Planters Precision and such employment agency, firm, or company before Planters Precision makes an offer of employment to such candidate.