Robinson - Agronomy Sales
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Equity is looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented salesperson to be part of our Robinson Facility. Responsible for consulting with growers and making recommendations for fertilizer, crop protection products, and seed to increase customer yields.
14626 E 1050 Ave, Robinson, Illinois 62454
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate degree in Agriculture or Bachelor Degree in Agriculture is preferred
- Must be able to obtain an Illinois Commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Must be able to obtain a commercial pesticide license with required endorsements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications is preferred
- Possess a self-motivating personality as well as team building skills
- Obtain CCA certification
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with management and customers
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for consulting growers and making the appropriate recommendations for fertilizer, crop protection, and seed to increase customer yields
- Accountable for maintaining current customer base and developing new business
- Responsible for ongoing communication with location manager to enable timely custom application and product movement.
- Develop, in cooperation with location manager, sales programs, service programs, and best management practices that increase sales and profitability
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of our competitors’ products, services, and market
- Effectively utilize the company’s Agvance ERP system
- Continue to seek on-going training and educational opportunities as directed by location manager
The nature of the job may require extended hours.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift products and supplies up to 50 pounds.
The employee may be required to travel to other facilities in The Equity trade area, conferences, educational opportunities, and other job-related activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Human Resources at Careers@TheEquity.com by Monday, October 31, 2022.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Agronomy, Sales, Agriculture|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur|