Stewardson - Chemical Facility Operations
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Equity is seeking Chemical Facility Operations personnel to join our Stewardson location team. The individual in this position will setup and maintain product panel assignments, circulate, blend, and mix products, and assist with loading and unloading containers on truckers, trailers, and railcars. Chemical Facility Operations also maintains documentation and accuracy for all inbound and outbound chemicals, while helping with monthly inventory counts.
1240 N Highway 32, Windsor, IL 61957
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- Self-motivating personality as well as team building skills
- Demonstrates ability to interact effectively with management, employees and customers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong time management, administrative, and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Obtain a commercial pesticide license
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Setup and maintain product panel assignments in Kahler chemical system
- Circulate, blend, and mix products according to recommended rates and procedures
- Load and unload containers, pallets, or materials and products, safely on and off trucks, trailers, or railcars
- Responsible for documentation and accuracy of all inbound and outbound chemical movement
- Responsible for monthly physical counts of chemical inventory and assist office admin to research and reconcile discrepancies
- Responsible for daily maintenance, cleanliness and compliance with state and federal regulations of equipment and facilities
- Attend continuing education courses to maintain a quality level of knowledge for the products, Kahler system, regulations, and customer relations
This job operates in both an office atmosphere and out in the field. The nature of the business may require extended hours.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift products and supplies up to 50 pounds.
The employee may be required to travel to other facilities in The Equity trade area, conferences, educational opportunities, and other job-related activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Eric Whitaker at Eric.Whitaker@TheEquity.com
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Operations, Production, Agronomy|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur|