2022 Accounting Internship
Reports to:Assistant Controller
Required Education and Experience:Associates Degree (or working towards one) in Accounting or related field preferred. High School diploma required.
- Self-motivating personality as well as team building skills
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively without direct supervision
- Exceptional time management, multitasking, accounting, and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Daily cash management entry and verification of notes payable balance.
- File vendor invoices and other related documents.
- Generate reports for Agronomy department.
- Update internal reports for use by management team.
- Review internal work orders for reclassification entries.
- Update various accounting spreadsheets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Environment:This job operates in an office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The nature of the business may require extended office hours.
Travel:The employee may be asked to participate in the Internship Program at The Equity, which may include occasional travel within The Equity trade area.
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.