2022 Feed & Livestock Internship
About The CompanyChartered in 1919, The Equity is one of the largest independent agricultural cooperatives in Illinois. The Equity offers a broad range of products to fulfill our customers’ needs within the areas of Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and a Retail Store. Our market covers approximately 20,000 square miles with 23 different locations. The Equity strives to provide the best products, latest technology, and highest quality service.
The Position:The Equity is seeking a Feed & Livestock Intern who is pursuing a B.S. at a four-year college/university with a major in Animal Science, Ag Business and related fields. Candidates with strong communication skills combined with previous animal science based sales experience should apply.
The internship will expose students to the many facets of feed sales and livestock production. Internship learning experiences will include, but are not limited to:
- Execute summer projects to promote The Equity feed department in order to maintain and grow a customer base
- Work with feed salesmen and participate in sales calls to see how producer needs are met
- Partner with the livestock team to identify ways to increase swine production efficiency
- Spend time in the feed mill and warehouse to learn about day-to-day operations
- Increase understanding of the feed and livestock industry
- Develop customer service, time management, and organizational skills
- Participate in open houses, customer appreciation events, and internship program
How To Apply:Please submit a resume and cover letter as well as an application.
Send application by email or mail to Mark Cullen by March 30th.
Sr, VP of Feed & Livestock
201 W Roadway Ave
Effingham, IL 62401
Other Duties:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Internship, Animal Science, Ag Business|
|Nearest Major Market||Decatur, Champaign, Terre Haute, Saint Louis, Chicago, Indianapolis|
< Back to Internship Listings