Effingham - Agronomist
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers central Illinois and southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and two Retail Stores, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership, as well as a cutting-edge drone sprayer business. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers.
About the Position
The Equity is seeking an Agronomist based out of our Corporate Office in Effingham, Illinois. An agronomist will lead agronomic training in and out of field for Equity sales force and applicators, coordinate and evaluate trials to provide input to streamline The Equity's product portfolio, as well as to refine current products. The agronomist in this position will also resolve performance complaints, work with the Agronomy Marketing Director to develop a list of best management practices, and will help sales personnel identify products to promote in the marketplace.
2900 N 3rd St, Effingham, IL 62401
Agronomy Marketing Director
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- Bachelor's degree in Plant & Soil Sciences or related field. Master's degree preferred
- Eight years of agronomy experience including the development of employees and teams
- Knowledge or training in a specialized, technical, or professional discipline such as Agronomy, Plant Science, or related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Possess a self-motivating personality as well as team-building skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Lead the agronomic training for The Equity sales force and applicators
- Provide agronomic input to streamline The Equity's portfolio of crop protection, fertility, biological, and seed products
- Coordinate and evaluate trials to showcase products, educate sales personnel, and drive sales
- Support the Equity sales team to resolve performance complaints in a timely manner
- Work with growers, location managers, suppliers, and Safety Department to achieve the most profitable outcome for crop claims
- In-field time with new sales personnel developing their agronomic acumen
- Be the go-to specialist to help define whether issues in the field are performance or management related and advise to achieve the best agronomic outcome
- Work with the Agronomy Marketing Director to develop a list of the best management practices for growers to achieve high yields
- Identify innovative agronomic products and practices that sales personnel can promote to growers giving The Equity an advantage in the marketplace
- Assist locations with grower meetings providing sound agronomy advice
- Champion a culture of agronomic expertise for The Equity
This job operates in both an office atmosphere and out in the field. The nature of the business may require extended hours.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 50 pounds.
The employee may be required to travel to other facilities in The Equity trade area, conferences, educational opportunities, and other job-related activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Ryan Wermert at Ryan.Wermert@TheEquity.com.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Operations, Production, Agronomy|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur|