Effingham - Grain Elevator Operator
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Equity is seeking to add a Grain Elevator Operator to our Grain team. A grain elevator operator assists the grain superintendent with the operation of the grain facility by receiving, grading, conditioning, drying, storing, blending, and loading grain while also maintaining communication of stock and storage space and quality.
201 W Roadway Ave, Effingham, Illinois 62401
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- Excellent customer service skills
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with management and customers
- Have a self-motivating personality as well as team-building skills
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures
- Assist the grain superintendent with the operation of the grain facility. Receiving, grading, conditioning, drying, storing, blending, and loading out of grain in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the VP of Grain and Grain Superintendent
- Be knowledgeable of governmental regulations concerning OSHA, EPA, and the storing and handling of grain
- Assist customers in a prompt, efficient, and courteous manner
- Assist the grain superintendent in communication of quantity and quality of grain stocks and storage space available
- Perform all task requited at the facility that contribute to customer service, grain opportunities, and maintenance
All safety equipment provided by the company. The employee will work both inside and outside with mechanical equipment and occasionally climbing and working in high places.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may lift up to 50 pounds.
The employee may be required to travel to other locations, conferences, educational opportunities, and other job-related activites.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit application and resume to James Perkins at James.Perkins@TheEquity.com by Friday, June 30, 2023.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Seasonal, Operations, Production, Animal Nutrition, Manufacturing|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur|
Complete and submit a secure application through JotForm
Print, complete and attach application to the form below.