Effingham - Energy Delivery
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Equity is seeking an Energy Delivery Technician to join our Energy Department in Effingham, IL. The Energy Delivery Technician will be responsible for delivery of all petroleum products (refined fuels, propane, grease and oil), develop and maintain a routing system for efficient delivery to customers, making collections as necessary, performing gas safety checks, maintenance and installation of propane tanks and systems and assisting with monthly and end of the year inventory of LP and refined fuel parts and equipment.
Operations Office, 201 W Roadway Ave, Effingham, Illinois
VP of Energy
$17 - $24/hour
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common data
- Must possess a valid CDL driver’s license and necessary endorsements
- Self-Motivating personality as well as team building skills
- Demonstrate ability to interact effectively with management, employees, and customers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Follow all established company safety guidelines and ensure a safe environment for employees.
- Delivers all petroleum products (Refined Fuels, Propane, Grease & Oil)
- Develop and maintain routing system for efficient delivery to customers.
- Call on prospective customers
- Keep current on customers usages and needs
- Make collections as necessary
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of assigned vehicles
- Perform maintenance and installation on tanks and pumps
- Perform or assist with gas safety checks, maintenance and installation of propane tanks and systems.
- Attend continuing education courses to maintain a quality level of knowledge for the products and regulations involved
The nature of the business may require extended hours. Frequently exposed to weather conditions. Working conditions may include exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals with appropriate safety measures. The noise level can be above normal at times.
The physical demands include lifting objects up to 50 pounds and climbing stairs and ladders.
The employee may be required to travel to other locations, conferences, educational opportunities and other job-related activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Eddie Cavanah at Eddie.Cavanah@TheEquity.com by Monday, October 31, 2022.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Petroleum, Operations, Delivery|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur|