Effingham - Energy Maintenance Service Tech
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Equity is seeking an Energy Maintenance Service Tech to be part of our Effingham location. Energy Maintenance is responsible for installing, maintaining, documenting and repairing LP gas and refined fuel systems. In addition to performing safety checks, helping with maintenance of tanks, and assisting with inventory and delivery as directed.
201 W Roadway Ave, Effingham, IL 62401
VP of Energy
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- Self-motivating personality as well as team building skills
- Knowledge of electric motors, fuel pumps, propane regulators, and piping
- Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with management, employees, and customers
- Have or be able to obtain a Class B CDL license with airbrake, tanker, and hazmat endorsements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Install, maintain, document, and repair LP gas and refined fuel systems
- Perform gas safety checks and complete documentation on LP systems
- Painting propane and fuel tanks
- Assist with monthly and year end LP and fuel parts and equipment inventories
- Attend continuing education courses
- Continue to seek on-going training and educational opportunities as directed by the location manager
- Assist in refined fuel and LP deliveries as needed
The nature of the business requires extended hours. While performing the duties of the job, the employee regularly works outside near moving mechanical equipment and is exposed to fuel vapors. The noise level can be above normal at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may lift up to 50 pounds
The employee may be required to travel to other locations, conferences, educational opportunities, and other job-related activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Jeremy Wagner at Jeremy.Wagner@TheEquity.com by Thursday, June 15, 2023.
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Operations, Production, Agronomy|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur|
Complete and submit a secure application through JotForm
Print, complete and attach application to the form below.