Effingham - Feed Mill Production/Operations (Night Shift)
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Equity is seeking Feed Mill Production and Operations personnel to be part of our Effingham Facility. Feed Mill Production and Operations is responsible for grinding, mixing, pelleting, and bagging all feed products while maintaining daily inventory of medications, supplements, and ingredients. They also follow and maintain quality guidelines and maintenance.
201 W Roadway Ave, Effingham, IL 62401
Feed Mill Manager
Commensurate with experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- High school diploma or GED
- Background in mill production or agriculture is preferred
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with management and customers
- Has a self-motivating personality as well as team-building skills
- CDL preferred
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Follow all HACCP guidelines
- Responsible for Quality Standards and GMP's of all feed manufactured
- Maintain daily inventory of medications, supplements, and ingredients
- Responsible for grinding, mixing, pelleting, and bagging all feed products
- Help customers in a prompt, efficient, and courteous manner
- Responsible for maintenance and housekeeping of the feed mill
- Be able to communicate in a professional manner to the customers, employees, and manager
The nature of the business requires extended hours. While performing the duties of the job, the employee occasionally works outside near moving mechanical equipment and may work in high, precarious places with exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. Noise level in work area is usually loud.
The employee may be required to travel to other facilities in The Equity trade area, conferences, educational opportunities, and other job-related activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Earnie Simmons at Earnie.Simmons@TheEquity.com
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Job Segment||Full-Time, Operations, Production, Agronomy|
|Nearest Major Market||Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur|