Farina - Energy Delivery
About The Equity
The Equity is an independent cooperative headquartered in Effingham, Illinois and has over 500 employees. Our market area currently includes 19 locations and covers South-Central Illinois and Southwest Indiana. The Equity has five divisions including: Agronomy, Grain, Feed & Livestock, Energy, and Retail Store, plus a Precision Agronomy dealership. The Equity’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through operational excellence, providing information, exploring opportunities, and supporting profitable roles for producers. Our core values, profitability, customer focus, constant improvement, integrity, and accountability have led to our success. These core values will continue to keep our company strong into the future. We hold sacred our brand promise of offering the best products, latest technology, and high-quality service, done right!
About the Position
The Equity is seeking Energy Delivery personnel to be part of our Effingham Energy team. Energy Delivery is responsible for the delivery of all petroleum products, developing and maintaining a routing system for efficient product delivery, while also understanding customer usage and needs. This position also works to install and maintain tanks and pumps, and may also perform gas safety checks.
501 N Chestnut St, Farina, IL 62838
VP of Energy Operations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics
- High school diploma or GED
- Agriculture knowledge and a basic understanding of refined fuels and propane preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common data
- Obtain and maintain a CDL and necessary endorsements
- Demonstrates ability to interact effectively with management and customers
- Deliver all petroleum products (refined fuels, propane, grease, and oil)
- Develop and maintain routing system or efficient delivery to customers
- Call on prospective customers
- Keep current on customer usage and needs
- Make collections as necessary
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of assigned vehicles
- Perform maintenance and installation on tanks and pumps
- Perform or assist with gas safety checks, maintenance, and installation of propane tanks and systems
- Attend continuing education courses to maintain a quality level of knowledge for the products and regulations involved
- Deliver refined fuels when needed
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures
The nature of the business may require extended hours. While performing the duties of the job, the employee regularly works outside near moving mechanical equipment and is exposed to fuel vapors. The noise level can be above normal at times.
The physical demands include lifting objects up to 50 pounds and climbing stairs and ladders.
The employee may be required to travel to other locations, conferences, educational opportunities, and other job-related activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Submit resumes to Jeremy Wagner at Jeremy.Wagner@TheEquity.com
Effingham Equity shall not be liable for, shall not pay, and expressly rejects and disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any commission, expense, fee or cost claimed or charged by any recruitment or employment agency, firm, or company in connection with the employment of any candidate selected by Effingham Equity for the position described above unless a written contract is executed by Effingham Equity and such employment agency, firm or company before Effingham Equity makes an offer of employment to such candidate.
|Full-Time, Operations, Production, Agronomy
|Nearest Major Market
|Champaign, St. Louis, Terre Haute, Decatur