Monthly Line of Credit
The Equity’s Monthly Line of Credit program is our most popular option for customers. This program allows customers to make charges within The Hardware Do It Center, Fuel Pumps and receive Propane over the course of a calendar month and then pay for those charges by the 12th day of the following month. A copy of The Equity’s Credit Policy can be downloaded here.
Frequently Asked Questions for Monthly Line of Credit
How to Determine What I Owe When I Receive A Statement?
- When you receive your statement in the upper righthand there will be a total amount due. If this amount is negative, it generally means there is a credit balance on your account. If you go to the end of your statement there will be a summary of accounts including current, 1-30, 31-60, over 60, over 90, unapplied, budget billing and prepay. Here you will be able to determine the amount due. Unapplied is a credit balance on account.
When will I receive my statement?
- Statements are mailed out the first business day of the month.
- Statements are sometimes delayed due to the month ending on a weekend and federal holidays. If the last day of the month falls on a Friday or Saturday, statements will be mailed on the following Monday or business day. New Year’s Day, Independence Day and Labor Day holidays will also delay the mailing of statements due to closure of the post office and our corporate office. For these reasons, The Equity recommends My Farm Records to ensure prompt receipt of your statement when they are printed on the last day of the month in the form of an electronic copy. For more information on My Farm Records click here.
When is my payment due?
- All transactions invoiced in the span of a month are due the 12th of the following month. For example, is a customer receives propane on January 4, uses the self-serve fuel pumps on January 15 and purchases pet food from the Hardware Do It Center on January 31. All three purchases will be due in full on February 12 to avoid late charges.
What is a Late Charge?
- Late Charges are applied to accounts that are not brought current by the end of the business day on the 12th of the month. Late Charges are 5% of the total amount due by the 12th of the current month.
What is a Finance Charge?
- Finance Charges are applied to accounts that are not brought to current by the end of business day on the last day of the month. Finance Charges are 2% monthly, or 24% annually, of the total amount unpaid by the end of the month, excluding late charges that are on the account.
What is Delayed Billing?
- Delayed Billing is available to residential home heat propane customers through our Summer Fill Program. Customers have the option to have their propane tanks filled during May, June, July and August and full payment is not due until October 12th.
GO LEVEL Pay
The Equity's GO LEVEL Pay spreads your propane costs over the year (12 months) to avoid larger bills, late charges and fees at each fill. GO LEVEL Pay runs from May through April of the following year.
Your monthly payment is determined by a calculation of your average yearly usage and projected market price. This equalizes your propane gas bills to avoid peaks in times of higher consumption. The monthly payment may need to be adjusted in the spring depending on the market price fluctuation.
|Example of GO LEVEL Pay Costs Vs. Usage|| |
|Estimated price per gallon||$2.423|
|Average Yearly Propane Usage||800 gal|
|Avery Annual Propane Cost||$1,938.40|
|Average Bi-Annual Fill Up Cost||$ 969.20|
|Average Monthly LPP Payment||$165.00|
|Total of 12 LPP Payments||$1980.00|
Based on the example calculation above the customer would have a credit balance of $ 41.60.
All GO LEVEL Pay Accounts must be paid in full by April 25. Accounts with credit balances have the option to roll the credit into the next GO LEVEL Pay calendar year or receive a check for the balance leftover.
The recommended form of payment for GO LEVEL Pay is automatic debit, or ACH, from your checking account with withdrawal options of the 3rd, 12th, or 25th of each month.
|Annual GO LEVEL Pay Program Fees|| |
|Acccounts Payable by Check||$25.00|
|Accounts Payable by Electronic Draft (ACH)||$0.00|
|Tank Lease with usage less than 800 gals||$45.00|
**Based on 10 year average (10/2007 - 03/2017) US Residential Propane Price from https://www.eia.gov/